Community Status Updates

Photo

tekio

Really liking Ruby. :-)
Aug 25 2015 12:26 AM
  • tekio's Photo
    tekio
    I heard she got hooked in C. That's some hard shit.
    Yesterday, 12:50 AM
  • scratchytcarrier's Photo
    scratchytcarrier
    Yeah, but she got include<std/rehab.h> for that. Had to take an ultimatum and a bit of blackmail, but she finally got over it.
    Yesterday, 03:04 AM
  • tekio's Photo
    tekio
    fatal error : Cannot open include file: 'rehab.h': No such file or directory getClean.c :: Then she started again. With a cup of Java in the morning and worked up to C++, again. Once she got on the OO, there was no turning back.
    Yesterday, 06:39 AM
Photo

tekio

Up all night learning Ruby. Top 5 reasons I dumped Python and Perl for Ruby: 1 - Knowing one language well is better than being literate in two 2 - Perl sucks on Windows. Ruby does not, and Windows is still used in the work place more than any other O/S 3 - Great OOP implimentation in Ruby 4 - Python is great for having standard libraries in a default install. But the implemnation sucks! (DO I want to learn Python 2.X or Python 3.x? Should I use httplib? urllib? or urllib2) 5 - Perl is pr...
Aug 23 2015 11:56 AM
Photo

tekio

Really loved the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact. However it did not fair well in the drop test: hard case, and screen totally shattered digitizer ruined (guessing it was fused into the screen). Simple 3 foot fall my old Galaxy survived unscathed over a dozen times. :-(
Aug 22 2015 08:07 PM
    scratchytcarrier
    And no doubt it's some proprietary component that you can't find elsewhere and cost a fortune for a replacement because, well, Sony. They're as bad as crApple, though that's not entirely fair since Sony equipment is usually far better quality. At least as far as audio transcription/reproduction equipment goes, anyways. Can't speak for their computer equipment, though I swore by Trinitron *GA monitors until I couldn't get them any more.
    Aug 25 2015 10:34 PM
Photo

scratchytcarrier

So how we all doing? Everybody BREATHING okay?
Aug 22 2015 01:54 PM
  • tekio's Photo
    tekio
    *Gasp*
    Aug 22 2015 08:02 PM
    scratchytcarrier
    The air has cleared up considerably over here since the wind shifted directions on Sunday. But by god, I haven't been in air as foul and smoky as Saturday's since Mount St. Helens.
    Aug 25 2015 10:36 PM
  • tekio's Photo
    tekio
    Uhm... yes. That was a problem where I live. Smoke from the fires. My father was in Yakima when St. Helens blew. Comments ranged from, WTF? to "I think this is WW3" When mid-day tuned to darkness... LoL
    Aug 26 2015 11:28 PM
Photo

scratchytcarrier

Holy hell, I finally found my old AOHell floppy buried in a box with some of my other old crap in mother's attic earlier this PM, by god, it's still readable. Not much you can do with it now but I'm happily reminiscing on my old skr!p7 k1dd33 dayz...
Aug 17 2015 11:20 PM
    scratchytcarrier
    And now I'm listening to some old "Off the Hook" crap from around that same time (mid-late 90s). Do you know if anybody ever really *did* succeed at pwn4g3ng Rebel's AOL account?
    Aug 17 2015 11:29 PM
  • tekio's Photo
    tekio
    I'll h@x you with my punter. Buhahaha!
    Aug 17 2015 11:55 PM
Photo

tekio

Unplugged for about one week. That sucked,,,, gf's cat thought the AC adapter looked good to eat. Next time, hope he tries eating the end that plugs into the wall... Kidding.... (kind of) ;-/
Aug 17 2015 05:20 PM
Photo

tekio

Late might re-play of the GOP debate. I enjoy a great comedy very now then...... :-)
Aug 08 2015 04:19 AM
Photo

TheFunk

Bought my first house! Moving in tonight!
Aug 07 2015 07:45 AM
  • tekio's Photo
    tekio
    Awesome, and congratulations!

Aug 07 2015 05:37 PM
Photo

TheFunk

Anybody on here play Magic the Gathering? I'm hooked, I'll play you over webcam.
Aug 07 2015 07:44 AM
Photo

tekio

Major Windows update and minor Android update in once night. Maybe I'll try hitting for the cycle and install the latest 4.X kernel on my Ubuntu Server Box.
Jul 29 2015 04:13 AM
  • tekio's Photo
    tekio
    Not sure, I've seen some pretty large companies use IIS, and NT domains, supporting thousands of office users.
    Jul 30 2015 05:17 PM
  • tekio's Photo
    tekio
    With that said, I do miss the good days, of spending a Saturday afternoon tweaking my operating system, or dialing in Fluxbox. :-)
    Jul 30 2015 05:26 PM
  • tekio's Photo
    tekio
    Windows Admin: but you're just killing X process (kill -HUP) and shutting all needed applications using X down anyway?

Linux admin: but my >uptim,e says four months!
    Jul 30 2015 05:33 PM
Photo

tekio

Composing and escape plan.....
Jul 24 2015 08:48 AM
    scratchytcarrier
    Escape plan: I just reach for the upper left corner of my keyboard, then press down quickly but firmly.

Composing: right logo key/character/character.
    Jul 24 2015 09:04 AM
  • tekio's Photo
    tekio
    Mine goes more like, "slip out the back jack. Make a new plan stan...."

Jul 24 2015 11:29 PM
Photo

tekio

Just got offered a position working working between developers and top-tier technical support for a rather large technology company: feeling on cloud 9, at the moment. :-)
Jul 22 2015 03:55 PM
  • TheFunk's Photo
    TheFunk
    Congratulations!
    Aug 07 2015 07:43 AM
Photo

tekio

Just watched some movie about African Americans in the film industry. Not too sure having Bill Cosby preach about inequality for anything was a winning point. :-$
Jul 21 2015 03:44 PM
Photo

tekio

So... A Muslim opens fire on U.S. military in a civilian environment on a Muslim holy day and CNN cannot imply terrorism till they "get the facts". But a white officer shoots a criminal going for the officer's weapon and it's assumed racism? Ok.... Sounds like Jihad and death to the infidels to me. Good job of pushing the agenda of Barrack Husein Obama, CNN.
Jul 18 2015 03:28 PM
    scratchytcarrier
    A "barrack" is a building in a military installation. "Barack" is the name of the current president.

Remind me again how this wanton political rant has anything to do with hacking?
    Jul 20 2015 11:48 AM
Photo

droops

Where are all the women at?
Jul 15 2015 10:05 PM
  • P(?)NYB(?)Y's Photo
    P(?)NYB(?)Y
    My house, mostly.
    Jul 18 2015 06:31 PM
    scratchytcarrier
    Pnyby's house.
    Jul 20 2015 11:49 AM
  • phr34kc0der's Photo
    phr34kc0der
    Ask scratchytcarrier.
    Jul 22 2015 03:37 PM

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!