Community Status Updates

Photo

tekio

Just watched an episode of Firefly for the first time. Tihis is a damn good show!
Nov 28 2012 01:35 AM
  • TheFunk's Photo
    TheFunk
    So good! I'll forever wonder why such a show was cancelled. Wait until you finish the whole season before watching Serenity by the way.
    Dec 02 2012 10:37 PM
  • tekio's Photo
    tekio
    Yes, indeed! I think this has surpassed Supernatural as my favorite show. Just ordered Serenity on DVD. So excited to get it! :)

Dec 05 2012 01:35 PM
  • TheFunk's Photo
    TheFunk
    Joss Whedon has done some really great stuff over the years. If you ever get a chance to go to Comic Con, legend has it that he mingles with the fans randomly throughout the event, talking to them about Scifi, the things they like, the things they'd like to see done in the future, etc.
    Dec 07 2012 10:00 PM
Photo

tekio

No more twinkies and the end of the Mayan Calendar; maybe Zombieland is a prophecy!
Nov 17 2012 12:02 PM
Photo

tekio

Mixed opinions about last night. Obama is back for another term, but he's not the only one that can balze the Ganja in Seatown now! :)
Nov 07 2012 01:39 PM
Photo

tekio

Would you like to play a game?
Oct 23 2012 10:19 AM
Photo

tekio

Oh crap!
Oct 20 2012 10:16 AM
Photo

tekio

If a packet hits a pocket on a socket on a port, And the bus is interrupted as a very last resort, And the address of the memory makes your floppy disk abort, Then the socket packet pocket has an error to report! If your cursor finds a menu item followed by a dash, And the double-clicking icon puts your window in the trash, And your data is corrupted 'cause the index doesn't hash, Then your situation's hopeless, and your system's gonna crash! You can't say this? ...
Oct 11 2012 08:17 PM
  • tekio's Photo
    tekio
    --- Gene Ziegler

Oct 11 2012 08:17 PM
Photo

tekio

Sold my 1st Gen. iPad, and reluctantly got a Samsung Galaxy 2 7". I must admit, on a tablet, Android really kicks iOS in the balls......
Sep 12 2012 04:46 AM
  • TheFunk's Photo
    TheFunk
    And how.
    Sep 26 2012 08:45 PM
  • tekio's Photo
    tekio
    I can actually develop apps and put them on a device without the blessing of Apple iGastapo.

Seems to use MUCH less resources than iOS

More apps available

THere are actually apps on Google Play that allow me to sniff network traffic, WiFi stumblers, LAN Enumeration apps.

Most books are cheaper off google play than iBooks

IMO, Android gives the user more options to extend the "user experience". I can change how it navigates, use cu...
    Oct 11 2012 11:42 AM
  • tekio's Photo
    tekio
    That list was A LOT longer, but was truncated when submitted. Have I proven my point? Or should I keep going?
    Oct 11 2012 11:45 AM
Photo

dinscurge → tekio

oh yeh :p. but theres alot of other companies that are making profit/ could support such motives
Aug 13 2012 02:49 AM
Photo

tekio → dinscurge

The whole premiss of the original statement was Haiburton subsidiarities profiting to the tune of 17 billion of the iraq war. While being the fact their business model relies solely on Government contracts.
Then Cheney and former Sec. of Defense Rumsfeld being a part of and profiting of it. While advisers took the opposite approach. These folks are in no way profiting from GE.
Aug 01 2012 05:32 AM
Photo

dinscurge → tekio

true but there phasing out older models for newer ones eventhough there not seeing use :p liek converting all the older abrams to the newer m1a4 or whatever the current model is.. but if i had to guess i would say they are probably upgrading more/ getting newer ones at faster rate then before 9/11 as now we are in multiple police actions it would be 'benaficial' to upgrade them although...
Jul 24 2012 04:07 AM
Photo

tekio → dinscurge

For the air supperiority fighters, like the F-35, F-16, F-22, and the F-18 travel to high and too fast to be taken out with anti-aorcraft guns.
Neither has access to stuff like ground to air heat-seeking stinger missiles. For explosives they have IED's, that's about it.
Anyway no fighters have been deployed...
Jul 17 2012 05:59 PM
Photo

tekio → dinscurge

Maybe a bomber, not a fighter....
Jul 17 2012 05:55 PM
Photo

tekio → dinscurge

Yeah. I heard those F-22's are going down from being pelted with AK-47 fire. Actually neither the talibahn or iraqi insurgents have anything that could take down a US Fighter.
Not one "fighter" went down from enemy fire in the first desert storm.
Jul 17 2012 05:54 PM
Photo

tekio

Is convinced Airport Extremes and Express routers, are the most unsecure in the world. Not really an Apple factor, but a "typical Apple user" factor.
Jul 12 2012 10:51 PM
Photo

tekio

"reverse engineering" the authenication process of Apple Airport Extreme's. They should not have SNMP emables with a cs of "public" by default!
Jul 09 2012 04:37 AM
  • tekio's Photo
    tekio
    Looks like each Airport Utility has a public key stored in the software. Also looking like they use SNMP for configuration changes.

Wonder if these OID's can be accessed via port 161 with a default community string of "public'. :)

Making a perl app to bruteforce non-standard OID's to see what I can get! :)
    Jul 09 2012 06:36 AM
  • tekio's Photo
    tekio
    Also, I cannot believe how many airport SOHO routers are in use! Using scanrand aimed at port 5009, then sending a 128-byte message to the port will reveal if it's an airport. They respond with an encrypted message, BUT each message is started and ended in clear text with:
    app: start message
    END| to end the message.
    Jul 09 2012 06:46 AM

BinRev is hosted by the great people at Lunarpages!